On Tuesday, Business Insider, the financial news website, announced that it will be purchased by the German publisher Axel Springer. The deal values Business Insider, which is run by Henry Blodget (shown above), at about $442 million.
Here’s how Business Insider’s $50 million in annual revenue compares to other ventures:
1. Business Insider has 76 million unique visitors. Facebook gets the same revenue from just 5 million users.
2. Apple has the same revenue per store every 37 days
3. Goldman Sachs only needed 8.6 hours to pull in that revenue last quarter.
4. An average U.S. Walmart store takes in $16 million more a year.
5. So does Calvin Harris.
6. A Mercedes-Benz dealer in Texas has twice as much estimated annual revenue.
7. Colorado received $13 million more in taxes on marijuana sales last year.
Editor's note: Information about Apple's revenue per store has been corrected.