A bunch of homeopaths (accidentally?) tripped balls at a conference

We may earn a commission from links on this page.

International reporting caveats withstanding, it sure sounds like a bunch of homeopathy doctors accidentally took a bunch of 2C-E (a psychedelic research chemical resembling the effects of LSD) at a conference last Friday, because it seems unlikely 29 people would overdose all at once unless it was on accident. Via The Independent:

An alternative medicine conference has ended in chaos in Germany after dozens of delegates took a LSD-like drug and started suffering from hallucinations.

Broadcaster NDR described the 29 men and women “staggering around, rolling in a meadow, talking gibberish and suffering severe cramps”.

Holy shit!

According to NDR, a government narcotic expert agrees with the accidental assessment.

Torsten Passie, a member of the German government’s expert commission for narcotics, told NDR: “It must have been a multiple overdose. That does not support the view that the people concerned took the hallucinogen knowingly.

“One has to assume that people were not told about the substance, its effects and risks before taking it.”


There's apparently a very serious Association of German Healing Practitioners that went out of their way to inform The Independent that they were DEFINITELY NOT involved with this band of hooligans who may or may not have tripped balls on accident, no sir:

“Unfortunately, the conference in Handeloh has severely damaged the image of the alternative medicine profession…and we have clarified that such acts are not in the spirit of natural therapy, and contradict our values both morally and legally."

Ah yes, when everyone reads this story, they will immediately think of the reputation of the alternative medicine profession.

Michael Rosen is a reporter for Fusion based out of Oakland.