Over the course of her legal and political career, Hillary Rodham Clinton broke through the glass ceiling at her Arkansas law firm, expanded our notion of what a First Lady could be, served as a United States Senator and then later Secretary of State, hung out with Meryl Streep on multiple occasions, and actually kind of pulled off a scrunchie.
In other words, she got sh*t done. Here are 19 vintage photos of HRC making it happen.
1. Junior Class Vice President Hillary Rodham resisted the urge to sit while posing for a 1964 yearbook photo.
Yes, Hillary's classmates, that was a subtweet.
2. Hillary and husband Bill, then Arkansas governor, were photographed in 1980 with newborn daughter Chelsea.
That baby needed a kiss on the forehead, and Hillary was just the person for the job.
3. Hillary symbolically high-fived the people of Arkansas after her husband's 1982 gubernatorial victory.
Bill opted for a symbolic fist-bump.
4. In 1992, Hillary Clinton baked this goddamn bread.
Or at least pulled it out of this Bronx bakery's oven.
5. Hillary received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from Arkansas' Hendrix College in 1992.
Which is exactly probably one more honorary Doctor of Laws degree from Hendrix College than you have.
Unless you are Hillary Clinton. In which case, hi.
6. Hillary added her necessary vocals to this 1993 Kennedy Center sing-along with Kermit the Frog.
Now that's how you celebrate your husband's inaugural week as president.
7. First Lady Hillary didn't just tour Devon Industries in 1994…
She also assembled a…some kind of red thing.
8. Here's Hillary digging a hole to plant a dogwood tree in front of the White House.
She and Bill did so to honor the victims of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing.
9. Hillary and Bill welcomed Pope John Paul II to Newark in 1995 with pope-ly aplomb.
I'm just going to pretend that immediately after this photo was taken, they all hopped into the Popemobile and sped off to Atlantic City.
10. And they watched the Space Shuttle Discovery blast off without a hitch in 1998.
All good? All good.
11. Hillary walked alongside hundreds of thousands of protesters at the Million Mom March in D.C. in 2000.
The march was held in favor of stricter gun-control laws.
12. And in 2000, Hillary was elected to the Senate.
She represented the state of New York with Chuck Schumer from 2000 to 2006 in case you were, like, a baby when Y2K happened.
13. And in 2003, she released "Living History," a memoir.
Not to be confused with "Hard Choices," another memoir she published in 2014.
14. Oh yeah, and then there was the time Hillary ran for president in 2008.
Can't forget that.
15. Hillary lost to Illinois Senator Barack Obama.
But the 44th POTUS named her Secretary of State following the election.
16. Here's Hillary arriving at the State Department with then presidents Hamid Karzai of Afghanistan and Asif Ali Zardari of Pakistan in 2009.
Shawl game strong.
17. Madame Secretary visited the Demilitarized Zone separating North and South Korea in 2010.
More like De-Hill-itarized Zone, amirite?
18. In 2011, Hillary met with Aung San Suu Kyi in Yangon, Myanmar.
This historic meeting marked the first time in more than 50 years that a Secretary of State had traveled to the nation.
19. No longer Secretary of State, Hillary hit up the Legal Services Corporation's 40th anniversary conference in 2014.
She served as the LSC's first-ever female chair back in the '70s, which kind of brings this getting-shit-done retrospective full circle.
Also, shout-out to the young woman who managed to get a selfie with Hillary — getting shit done for a new generation.
Elena Scotti is a New York-based visual artist and Fusion’s senior photo editor and illustrator. She eats more pizza than your entire family combined.
Bad at filling out bios seeks same.