Over the course of her legal and political career, Hillary Rodham Clinton broke through the glass ceiling at her Arkansas law firm, expanded our notion of what a First Lady could be, served as a United States Senator and then later Secretary of State, hung out with Meryl Streep on multiple occasions, and actually kind of pulled off a scrunchie.
In other words, she got sh*t done. Here are 19 vintage photos of HRC making it happen.
1. Junior Class Vice President Hillary Rodham resisted the urge to sit while posing for a 1964 yearbook photo.
Yes, Hillary's classmates, that was a subtweet.
2. Hillary and husband Bill, then Arkansas governor, were photographed in 1980 with newborn daughter Chelsea.
That baby needed a kiss on the forehead, and Hillary was just the person for the job.
3. Hillary symbolically high-fived the people of Arkansas after her husband's 1982 gubernatorial victory.
Bill opted for a symbolic fist-bump.
Or at least pulled it out of this Bronx bakery's oven.
Which is exactly probably one more honorary Doctor of Laws degree from Hendrix College than you have.
Unless you are Hillary Clinton. In which case, hi.
Now that's how you celebrate your husband's inaugural week as president.
She also assembled a…some kind of red thing.
She and Bill did so to honor the victims of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing.
I'm just going to pretend that immediately after this photo was taken, they all hopped into the Popemobile and sped off to Atlantic City.
All good? All good.
11. Hillary walked alongside hundreds of thousands of protesters at the Million Mom March in D.C. in 2000.
The march was held in favor of stricter gun-control laws.
She represented the state of New York with Chuck Schumer from 2000 to 2006 in case you were, like, a baby when Y2K happened.
Not to be confused with "Hard Choices," another memoir she published in 2014.
Can't forget that.
But the 44th POTUS named her Secretary of State following the election.
16. Here's Hillary arriving at the State Department with then presidents Hamid Karzai of Afghanistan and Asif Ali Zardari of Pakistan in 2009.
Shawl game strong.
More like De-Hill-itarized Zone, amirite?
This historic meeting marked the first time in more than 50 years that a Secretary of State had traveled to the nation.
19. No longer Secretary of State, Hillary hit up the Legal Services Corporation's 40th anniversary conference in 2014.
She served as the LSC's first-ever female chair back in the '70s, which kind of brings this getting-shit-done retrospective full circle.
Also, shout-out to the young woman who managed to get a selfie with Hillary — getting shit done for a new generation.
Elena Scotti is a New York-based visual artist and Fusion’s senior photo editor and illustrator. She eats more pizza than your entire family combined.
Bad at filling out bios seeks same.