As we all know the video features Beyoncé taking a bat (Hot Sauce) to cars, a fire hydrant, a piñata, and a CCTV camera, so presumably Franco will be doing the same to… well, something.
Here’s a list of potential reasons why James Franco is in Beyoncé drag:
- This is part of his mixed multi-docu-media PhD thesis
- He’s still promoting that damn movie with Bryan Cranston
- Someone producer dude was like, “What if we dressed James Franco up like Beyoncé”
- That dude was Seth Rogen, and they’re pulling a “Bound 3” but with “Hold Up”
- It’s Wednesday
In addition, here’s another list of good reasons why James Franco is in Beyoncé drag:
- -Beyoncé herself literally said “Throw the 'Hold Up' dress on Franco and send him out.”
There is a chance that Beyoncé is letting this happen—after all, she had to have given some permission to allow Amy Schumer’s problematic take on “Formation” to appear on Tidal. So who knows.