1) Even in the most serious moments, Pope Francis knows when to clown around.
Pope Francis donned a bright red nose during a couple's wedding ceremony inside the Vatican.
2) Pope Francis lives in the Papal guest house instead of the lavish Papal apartment, meaning he understands how millennials are having to live in TINY studio apartments with sky-high rents.
3) Pope Francis knows how to enjoy a good selfie from time to time.
4) Pope Francis wears the same old pair of black shoes. We get it. As millennials, we're not about labels and we're constantly striving to be unique in our own way.
And maybe that's a good thing because we all know these snazzy red shoes worn by Pope Benedict XVI are a bit….questionable.
Click your heels three times and say, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home."
5) The Pope knows what it's like to hold down several jobs just to get by. Many outlets report that Pope Francis worked as a bouncer, a lab technician, and a janitor before he became a priest.
Don't worry. Pope Francis will put a choke hold on one of those dudes if they get too rowdy.
6) Like most millennials, he doesn't judge people for who they love.
On his plane back from World Youth Day in Brazil of 2013, in response to a question about gays and the Catholic church, Pope Francis stated, "If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?"
7) He's the first Pope to take the name Francis.
All us Catholics know that Saint Francis came from money, but later gave it all up for a simpler, more humble life caring for the poor. As millennials, we're used to living on a bare-bones basis aka having no money. So it's good to finally have a Pope who represents that by the name he chose.
8) His final sermon at World Youth Day 2013 brought out a reported three MILLION people to Copacobana Beach in Rio de Janeiro.
9) Like most youths, he's criticized the global economy. He did it in his papal exhortation and highlighted how much it's hurting millennials right now.
"While the earnings of the minority are growing exponentially, so, too, is the gap separating the majority from the prosperity enjoyed by those happy few…In this system, which tends to devour everything that stands in the way of increased profits, whatever is fragile, like the environment, is defenseless before the interests of a deified market, which become the only rule."
10) The man is super chill with kids.