It's been nearly a week since Freddie Gray died due to complications of a spinal cord injury he sustained while in police custody, and questions surrounding the Baltimore man's death continue to linger. With no answers in sight, demonstrators have taken to the streets to protest police brutality and what they believe to be an absolute lack of justice.
The New York Times reports that thousands marched on Saturday from the Gilmor Homes housing project, where the late 25-year-old was arrested, all the way to City Hall, where Black Lawyers for Justice founder and president Malik Shabazz demanded that "the cover-up must end today." Throughout the day, protesters made their voices heard with signs demanding justice, accountability, and an end to police brutality. Check out the photos below.
1. "Jail killer police!" "End police terror! Racism is the disease, revolution is the cure!"
2. "Justice 4 Freddie Gray"
3. "No justice, no peace! Stop killing our young black men! We demand justice!!!"
4. "Women's lives matter," "Community controlled police now"
5. "The system is not colorblind"
6. "Black liberation now! End mass incarceration and the police state"
7. "Stop murder by police"
8. "Stop killing black people"
9. "Black lives matter," "End police brutality"
10. "Sagging pants is not probable cause"
11. "Justice for those whose voices have been silenced by violence"
12. "Stop police brutality & terror in black communities!"
13. "The power of the people is stronger than the people in power"
Bad at filling out bios seeks same.