Love Kim Davis? Want to show your support for her crusade against the constitutionality of same-sex marriage in the form of a T-shirt? What an attainable goal—I've got just the shirt for you.
This Etsy find features the phrase, "Kim Davis and I, stand on God's word"—unnecessary comma and all—printed over what looks to be a Bible. Or maybe it's just a Highlights for Children left open on the floor of a dental office's reception room. Who can say!
The item comes in a variety of colors: under-God's-authority green, no-boys-allowed pink, how-long-is-this-going-to-go-on-for blue, and take-back-our-country white. The garment is truly versatile and works for any occasion, such as:
- Casual Fridays at the Rowan County Courthouse
- Over your bathing suit at the water park while you're launching withering looks at the married gay couple that won't stop having a wonderful day with their children
- In a dumpster
The T-shirt is available for $16, and the store owner says that $10 from every purchase will go "directly" to the Rowan County, Ky., clerk, who was jailed for contempt of court last week after refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples all summer. [UPDATE: Kim Davis has been released from jail.]
CNN reports that Davis asked the Kentucky governor to release her from jail Monday. Gov. Steve Beshear's office responded by saying that they would not get involved and that her situation is a "matter between her and the courts."
Davis has also received an "I don't know her" from the Westboro Baptist Church and a couple of Fox News panelists.
- Gay couples finally get married in Rowan County, months after Supreme Court ruling
- Here’s another reason to love Kim Davis’ one-line rejection from the Supreme Court
- What it’s like to be gay and have your marriage license denied
Bad at filling out bios seeks same.