Scientists managed to capture an image of beautiful, endangered bird-women Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss in their natural habitat for the cover of Vogue, a journal of ecology.
Some things we learned about their (best!) friendship of one year from the story:
- The supermodel and pop star met at the Victoria's Secret Fashion show in 2013. The evening is commemorated in a framed Polaroid that hangs in Swift's penthouse. Photogenic friends!
- Lena Dunham recounts that, at an SNL after-party, the arrival of the willowy — Kloss is 6'1", Swift is 5'10" — "Amazon twins" threw everyone off their game. Tall friends!
- Sometimes, they accidentally dress alike. “Just like, ‘Ugh, be more annoying,’" Swift says. "We couldn’t possibly be." Annoying friends!
- They were introduced by Lily Aldridge, reconnected at an Oscars party, then went on a road trip. Spontaneous friends!
- Karlie had never seen Taylor "pick up a guitar and noodle around" before their Vogue photo shoot. Possibly inattentive friends!
Molly Fitzpatrick is senior editor of Fusion's Pop & Culture section. Her interests include movies about movies, TV shows about TV shows, and movies about TV shows, but not so much TV shows about movies.