1. Sen. Booker got called out for posing as a millennial
2. And he yelled at young people who don't vote
“If you’re not voting because you think all politicians are the same, you’re hurting our country,” he said. “We have so much power, we just didn’t show up at the polls.
3. Anti-war protesters from Code Pink disrupted Obama's U.N. Ambassador Samantha Power.
Jorge Ramos diplomatically calmed things down.
4. Power kept her cool and spoke about Israel, Ebola and the role of social media in global activism
5. Pussy Riot summed up Putin's regard for Russians: “He don’t give a shit about you.”
6. Kumar hosted Fusion's Midterm Mayhem, but we couldn't leave out Harold.
7. Real-time drawings of the event by New Yorker cartoonist Liza Donnelly
8. A Syrian activist describes walking over a minefield to deliver medicine to refugees
9. Youth activist Chernor Bah said his childhood was taken from him
10. “If you want to see my boobs, you have to read my message." - Mexican topless activist Gisela Pérez de Acha
11. Summit attendees told us what they are rising up for:
Jordan Fabian is Fusion's politics editor, writing about campaigns, Congress, immigration, and more. When he's not working, you can find him at the ice rink or at home with his wife, Melissa.
Ted Hesson was formerly the immigration editor at Fusion, covering the issue from Washington, D.C. He also writes about drug laws and (occasionally) baseball. On the side: guitars, urban biking, and fiction.