"How about talking about the substantive issues people care about?" Ted Cruz demanded at the CNBC Republican presidential primary debate. Well, senator, that time is now.
Who are the better Instagram foodies: the Democratic candidates or their GOP rivals? And which candidate deserves your double-tap most of all? Let's find out. I combed through thousands of photos posted on social media by the 2016 hopefuls using Fusion's Political Image Machine to find out, and I present my findings below.
1. First of all, the Republican candidates are far superior social media foodies than their Democratic rivals. They're always posting photos of delicious-looking meat (and I say this as a vegetarian) with the occasional side of ice cream.
2. Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton just makes Hs out of raw vegetables. It's cute, but, like, gimme the ice cream.
3. And Bernie Sanders only posts about food in the most Bernie Sanders way possible.
4. Mike Huckabee went H.A.M. on some marshmallow Peeps three Easters ago.
5. Rand Paul is very enterprising when it comes to courting state residents by sampling the local cuisine.
6. Bobby Jindal apparently never has time to enjoy a meal. He's always scarfing something down in the front seat of a car.
7. Lastly, it's a shame that Scott Walker dropped out of the Republican presidential primary in September. He was easily the most artistically inclined Instagram foodie of all, tbh.
Bad at filling out bios seeks same.